Ethos and Values
Our vision at West End Academy is for all our children to be “Learning and Growing Together”. We believe this is crucial if every child is to be successful at school and the importance of working as a team in order to achieve great results is always promoted throughout school life.
We are committed to improving the quality of the educational provision for all our children which will enable them to reach their full potential and attain the levels of knowledge, understanding and skills that society demands for their future lives. High quality education at West End Academy will be achieved by:
- positive, caring and clearly focused leadership from the senior leadership team
- the whole staff team working together to do its best for our children’s confidence
- the whole staff team having high expectations of our children’s social, behavioural and academic performance
- well planned, exciting and challenging teaching that develops lively, enquiring and open minds in our children
- creating stimulating and attractive learning environments for our children
- fostering a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere
- promoting respect for other people and their property
- working in partnership with parents, governors and the local community to enrich opportunities for our children
We will continually strive to achieve the school’s aims through the formal curriculum and through all the other experiences offered to our children. High quality education will raise the children’s standards of attainment, enabling them to:
- develop their use of English and Maths which provide the foundation for all their other learning
- learn social skills that encourage agreeable interactions between their peers as well as adults
- treat everyone in an equal manner, irrespective of gender, race, class or disability
- develop personal and moral values that are respectful of others, leading to their appreciation and toleration of other religions and other ways of life
- learn in a safe and secure environment.
We asked our children how they would describe the school in one word. Here is what they said...
Year 1: new, happy, great
Year 2: exciting, challenging, fun
Year 3: growing, calm, original
Year 4: friendly, amazing, fair
Year 5: magical, stunning, unbelievable
Year 6: rewarding, surprising, collaborative